Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Banned
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i use to hate 80's music until last night my buddy brought over a mixed MP3 cd with a bunch of 80's stuff on it......and you know what? this stuff rocks!!!!!!!!!!!
i drove up to the store a few minutes ago, with "thriller" cranked up, singing and dancing while driving. pull up to a stop sign and this older dude gave me a big thumbs up, lol.
i pointed at him and kept singing, lol. it was the 80's all over again for about a minute, lol.

whip it.... whip it good :pimp:

·
members.shaw.ca/daltonboys
30 Posts
HHhhmmmmmmm....akm.....might I sugest some "professional help"? Don't let the ladies catch you doin "the hussle" at a red light. After the thumbs-up....did the guy wink at ya?.....j/k

·
Kenneth Howard hates you...
572 Posts
Uuhhhkkk....I do not like 80's music.... More of a 70's guy myself...although I do like some of the newer stuff.
Later,
WEIMER

·
Registered
215 Posts
Let's see 80's, the 8-track was dead by then wasn't it?

I'm partial to 50's rock and 50's cross-over country/rock like Patsy Cline. My family hates it all....................

LOST IN THE 50'S and lovin' it

·
Registered
261 Posts
I must say that I'm also a major 80's fan but I'm also into a lot of other music genre of which some are so far apart it's hard to think that one person could like it all.

·
Kenneth Howard hates me...
129 Posts
Not all the 80's sucked, it gave us:
Iron Maiden, Ronnie James Dio, and some good Van Halen.

But it also gave us:
crap like Flock of seagulls, big hair bands.

As much as i think M.Jackson is a creepy child molester, Thriller is one heck (can i still say heck?) of an album.

C

·
Come Home Safe Soldier
846 Posts
80"s music has been linked to celibacy and male patern
baldness.Nothing cool about Thriller.Quit while you still can,Grab up Metallica,Master Of Puppets,not that watered down crap with an 80 yr. old woman humming in the background.Play it until well again.Hope that helps you out man.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think my favorite 80's (late 80's) song would have to be Cherry Pie, by Warrant.....I have no idea why. When I was 18, I got a little cherry tattoo on my tummy and about a year ago I put Cherry Pie underneath it....

·
129 Posts
RCastle said:
80"s music has been linked to celibacy and male patern
baldness.Nothing cool about Thriller.Quit while you still can,Grab up Metallica,Master Of Puppets,not that watered down crap with an 80 yr. old woman humming in the background.Play it until well again.Hope that helps you out man.

Which album was "shortest straw" on? I will listen to it to set me right!! or maybe some "breadfan"....

Jackson? what was i thinking??????

C

·
Come Home Safe Soldier
846 Posts
Shortest Straw is on ...And Justice For All...
Breadfan was released on the second version of Garage Days Re-reviseted,It was also a B-side to another song.....
Slayer is good music too....

·
Banned
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i normally listen to SLIPKNOT, MANSON, MUSHROOMHEAD, MUDVAINE, ATREYU, SOCIETY-1, HATEBREED, LAMB OF GOD, and anything else that talks about killing.
i also listen to 311 a lot and all classic rock (what i grew up on).....i even listen to Marvin Gay on those special nights, and some classical.
i've never liked the 80's crap unless it was AC/DC OR METALLICA, but when i popped in that cd and cranked it up, i was instantly hooked........maybe its my bad "butt" surround sound that makes it good.... i don't know, but it kicks it. lol

·
129 Posts
I wasn't sure on the albums, I stole them off the internet (three cheers for winMX)

They did get kinda commerical with everything "Black" album on up, now didn't they........

C

·
Come Home Safe Soldier
846 Posts
Stop it right now...I got horrible thoughts running thru my head....Beverly Hills Cop on VHS,all night skate

·
Administrator
18,437 Posts
Every decade has it's good and bad music.............even some of todays stuff is worth listening to....very little of it, but some is.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts