Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1963 Nova and i want to restore it all orignal. But i have seen some pretty rad cars that have powder coating on the inside of the engine conpartment? Would having powder coating decrase the score at acar show. Also would you really want to do that to a car that u want to keep orignal?? :confused:

·
Registered
222 Posts
If your going bone stock original for points .Yes powdercoating will kill your score. Just a thought,why bother with judging> Its only for trophys and is rather disappointing after you have done it a few time. Do it the way you want it and have fun with your car.100 point cars usally are pretty boring(trailered most times) and for TV shows .Build it for yourself and have fun. Just my .05 Go crazy and powerder coat all the stuff you want. LOL ;) Trophy's are also given to the car with the most thought put into it.There are diff classes.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have a 66 Nova that is almost all original. I go to car shows for fun. I have won some awards, but I only go to have fun. This winter I am going to do some modifications that will probably destroy it's originality, much to the dissapointment of many of my friends and club members. But, guess what?... It's my car and I can do whatever I want. Do what makes you happy and forget about trophies and awards!index :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you powder coat on the inside of the engine conpartment you will just want to keep on going with many other parts of the car like the frame.

I like powder coat better and would not go back to paint under a car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts