Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15,298 Posts
chevrolet327 said:
i was just opening 305 tbi from truck 89 and the rod are identical of lt1 rod
have got is it possible tbi have the same form of powder metal rod
Yes, GM claims the PM rods are strength equivalent to the old pink rod. Experience says the goodness band-width is wider, some of the P/Ms are really great better than the pinks, some are not as good. I wouldn't make frequent excisions over 400 hp and 5800-6200 RPM with them. It only takes one crappy rod out of 8 to ruin your day.

Bogie

·
second place is the first losr
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oldbogie said:
Yes, GM claims the PM rods are strength equivalent to the old pink rod. Experience says the goodness band-width is wider, some of the P/Ms are really great better than the pinks, some are not as good. I wouldn't make frequent excisions over 400 hp and 5800-6200 RPM with them. It only takes one crappy rod out of 8 to ruin your day.

Bogie[/QUOTe
i know pm rod are stronger i use in every motor but did gm put pm rod in tbi engine

·
Registered
15,298 Posts
chevrolet327 said:
oldbogie said:

Bogie[/QUOTe
i know pm rod are stronger i use in every motor but did gm put pm rod in tbi engine
Yes there are in the TBI engine.

Bogie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.