Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Short bed 70 Chev
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy just finished the motor in his 69 camero rs. Great looking car and man does it run good and sound mean. Just wondering what you guys think of the motor combo and see what kind of hp you guys think it's making.

It's a 415 sbc
with speed pro hyperutectic pistons 4 valve relief cuts 10.84 c/r.
running dart pro 1 heads with 208/160 valves. 230 cc runners and 64 cc chambers.
Crane Roller cam 292/302 dur. and 630/630 lift
Single Plane High Rise Race holley intake
850 cfm demon Carb.

Thanks for your time and knowledge

·
More for Less Racer
20,942 Posts
Why did he WASTE a perfectly good Dart block by putting "hyperpathetic" pistons in it?? Especially with a solid roller cam. I would expect it to make 550 hp, but how long before the pistons explode and ruin it all?? Dumb place to save $100 on a $5000 engine if you ask me. :rolleyes:

·
Short bed 70 Chev
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ericnova72 said:
Why did he WASTE a perfectly good Dart block by putting "hyperpathetic" pistons in it?? Especially with a solid roller cam. I would expect it to make 550 hp, but how long before the pistons explode and ruin it all?? Dumb place to save $100 on a $5000 engine if you ask me. :rolleyes:
I could be mistaken on the pistons. He told me the style and brand and c/r and i looked that up in jegs and guessed which ones. Now that i think about it though your right. I'm sure he went with the fordged pistons he would put cheap parts in it i'm just the inexperienced middle man.

·
Short bed 70 Chev
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ap72 said:
depending on other factors somewhere between 520hp and 590hp.
Ya we are hoping closer the the 590 range i know so far that it's alot more power than his stock suspension can handle but this winter project of a mini tub and four link and new rear end should solve his lack of trackion problem

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.