Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hope i can get some input . i bought a 67 beaumont conv (chevelle) a while back i have since taken the 396 engine and tranny out but when i looked at the tranny crossmember its boulted to the underside of the frame with a made up spacer about 1 inch thick . from all the info i have about the car it came with a 283 and powerglide the front end has been beefed up but i would think i need to change the crossmember any sights on the web or experieance would be helpfull i looked in the tranny area but dont see anything about this subject . thanks for any help. :confused:

·
Registered
534 Posts
loud said:
hope i can get some input . i bought a 67 beaumont conv (chevelle) a while back i have since taken the 396 engine and tranny out but when i looked at the tranny crossmember its boulted to the underside of the frame with a made up spacer about 1 inch thick . from all the info i have about the car it came with a 283 and powerglide the front end has been beefed up but i would think i need to change the crossmember any sights on the web or experieance would be helpfull i looked in the tranny area but dont see anything about this subject . thanks for any help. :confused:

Sounds like someone has put a solid mount in it , Moroso used to make one of those things , I think.

·
Will I ever get it done?
1,025 Posts
If you are talking about where the crossmember bolts to the frame.

In 67, when the mid-size GM's started getting the TH400, the frames were double drilled (non-convertible) so all you had to do was slide the cross member back to accomodate the TH400. I can't remember about the conv. frame (although I had a 67 GTO vert). I want to think it had two mounting brackets welded to the inner "boxing", but I am just not sure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts