Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,464 Posts
Welcome, post this question in the suspension forum for a better response.

Brian

·
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW
2,865 Posts
Is this a stock 50 ford? no engine mods or suspension mods? I tried on a 50 Lincoln years ago I couldnt find a pump that would mount right, and gave up but heres a good article, Some 53s had it

Ford Flathead Power Steering System - Rod & Custom Magazine

I saw a flatty a few years ago at a show with an electric pump and early corvette power assist cylinder installed I dont know how good it worked

Jester

·
Registered
5,391 Posts
Tell us more - stock flathead or engine transplant? Stock suspension? Chassis? What do you want to do with this car eventually. These cars didn't steer hard with the original 6-710x15 tires, but newer larger radials can increase the effort some, but not much. Finding an original '50s FoMoCo ('49-'53)type PS arrangement that still is in working order will be tough so anything else will be an adaptation and a fairly extensive mod with the big front cross member, the little original steering box and drag link/king pin front end with large 'A' frames

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.