Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 camaro that I'm putting vertical doors on. I had to cut the wires going into the door and splice them to make them longer. My driver side door power windows quit working. My window is all the down, is there a way to manually make them go up? Brought a wire diagram of the power window unit everything looks good. Think maybe somehow I broke the switch.Passager side works.Thanks 4 any help :thumbup:

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Doc here, :pimp:

Find the Two wires ( + and - ) that go to the power window motor on the regulator, and apply power and ground to them, if the window goes up, OK, if it pulls down, reverse the wires.

BE SURE you pull the plug from the motor BEFORE you do this as it can cause a short in the harness if power and / or ground are active from the switch.

Once up, you can troubleshoot from there.

Doc :pimp:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,bro :D Tried that before didn't work and you said it so I tried again, didn't work. But started looking at the window regulator and noticed the wire was loose, must of pulled on it while stripping the wires. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction :cool:It all works fine now. :thumbup:

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Doc here, :pimp:

KEWL! :thumbup:

Glad to hear it is working! :cool:

Doc :pimp:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Power Windows - Please Help

adam120674 said:
I have a 99 camaro that I'm putting vertical doors on. I had to cut the wires going into the door and splice them to make them longer. My driver side door power windows quit working. My window is all the down, is there a way to manually make them go up? Brought a wire diagram of the power window unit everything looks good. Think maybe somehow I broke the switch.Passager side works.Thanks 4 any help :thumbup:
Adam:
Walk softly as your (GM) power window switches, switch the "GROUND" leg. There are more than 2 wires coming from the control switch, "UP-DOWN-GROUND". I know I walked into the same problem installing my power windows.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts