Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wanting to know if someone could tell me what kind of Powerglide i have. The bottom end of it does not have the oil pan like most powerglides that you see have. As a matter of fact it doesn't look to me like it even has a removable oil pan. It was made in Cleveland on December 16 on the night shift if that would help anyone.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Yes i can take pictures of it and post them on here, but all i can say for now until i do so is that the bellhousing is competely enclosed with no air vents and it says powerglide on the top of it and not the side like most are. it supposedly came out of a 1962 chevrolet c10 pickup with a 283 attached to it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
since it's cast iron, is it any worse than an aluminum one, except just being a whole lot heavier? i'm planning on putting it in a 1964 chevrolet c10 pickup with the 283. i know it probably needs to be rebuilt, i was thinking about putting a transbrake on it while i was doin that. it's only gonna be driven on the street obviously, i just want something to play around with. is there anything you would suggest me doing with it besides the transbrake, or maybe not even doin that.

·
Registered
427 Posts
They were a fair transmission at best in their time.
A better option would be an aluminum model.
The first ones, late 63 -64 had a short extension housing while the 65 and later had a longer one and deleted the rear pump.
Depending on the body configuration you will have to determine which would be best for you.
Drive shaft length etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.