Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who knows what specfic products I should use in the Omni Paint system? I'm going to paint BC/CC. The surface is in decent shape. There will be about 4 softball size areas that I will sand down to bare metal. I want to use primer/surfacer over the entire car. The temp will be about 70 -80 next week on a guess in the garage. How much reducer or thinner will I need. I'm using HVLP I'm sure a gallon would be plenty of paint but I'm not sure about any supporting products. Should I use a sealer or will the primer/surfacer be good enough? I'll ask the jobber all this of course but they don't speak english very well & it's hard for me to understand everything.

·
Registered
29 Posts
A total rookie here, but I just painted my Cutlass 2 weeks ago with Omni bc/cc. If you do a search I'm sure you've heard that the bc does'nt cover very well. I ended up using one gallon and the color was blue . I've heard the reds and yellows are even worse. I did paint the jambs but not the roof (vinyl top). The temp in my garage was also about 70 deg and I used the medium reducer with the bc. It went on very easily but it did take 3 coats. While shooting the clear my garage temp started at 70 deg but warmed up to 80 within a 1/2 hour. I'm not sure if it was from the air I was drawing in from the drive way side of my garage or my compressors( yeah I gotta run 2 to keep up) thowing off heat. The problem was all I had was the fast activator and wish I had some slow to compensate for the temp rise because I did get a little peel. As far as your paint guy not speaking English I would seriousy think about switching who you buy paint from. There were so many questions that my guy answered for me that I never would have gotten though it with out his help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts