Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just reading the news on Netscape this AM and there is an article about prayer. It stated that 50% or over of Americans prayed everyday, how about it fellow Hotrodders? I think this is great considering the diversity and different cultures in to-days society.:thumbup:

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,783 Posts
prayer

It's a constant thing for me to pray through out the day. I even pray for the people on this site!!!!!

Keith

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Im working on my christian life, im like neutral right now, not totally christian and im not drinking/drugs etc. Im hoping to improve soon, pray for me people

·
Registered
258 Posts
I do pray. I will not say I am one to look up to in my Christian walk. I stumble so much it ain't funny, but I think I am making progress.

I think this life is kind of like how one guy described an incident from his Ranger School class. Stumbling him and his Ranger buddy helped each other out of a creek. If you can picture two people stumbling, muddy, and exhausted pushing and pulling each other up the hill. I think that is the perfect description of this life.

·
Be American, Buy American!
222 Posts
The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing. You must be ready when he calls you because you don't get a second chance.

Al

·
Hauling A55 BURNING GASS!!!
235 Posts
im ready, whenever he wants me im here just waiting. i never pray and when i did i didnt feel right doing it. i dont get this world. people tell me that everyone is equel and the same but then we have people that pray to someone as if they are a higher person. i dont believe that there is someone like that. im the type of person that has to see it to believe it or actually exparience it. all i know is that i sin alot and i dont regret much of it. if i did something it was for a reason, but sometimes i just didnt know better so i do regret that stuff. if i start thinking like the church people do and believing in heaven and hell then i sometimes want to go to hell. because i know if i get to go there im going to over power lucifer and take over hell. i hate the devil, he never helps me when i need him. and then god is never there either so thats why i so unlikely believe in him.

im prolly going to get nagged on for my beliefs. its just hard for me to believe in god after getting beat by my alkaholic father in his van in the parking lot of a church while church was is session and the reason he did this was, i was in the church and his g/f's son, that i didnt get along with, was messing with me like picking on me and pushing me so i told him off and he told his mom and she slapt me in the church and then my dad walked me out into his van and started to beat me. this was along time ago like 6 years ago or something like that. but currently my dad is very cool and hes not with his old gf and he quit drinking and even went to church for a while. he also tryed to kill himself by drinking himself to death and now has heart problems. and needs a transplant. so thats why it is hard for me to believe in god! i believe that this is hell this planet this life, it is hell and we all are living it. and when we die we leave it and go to a better place. ive seen alot of good people die young and bad people live forever so that makes me think this is hell even more. just my .02 i had to share because i went through this god stuff alot and it just hits me in a spot when i hear people talking about it. and i just cant keep my mouth shut.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Brian Morency said:
im ready, whenever he wants me im here just waiting. i never pray and when i did i didnt feel right doing it. i dont get this world. people tell me that everyone is equel and the same but then we have people that pray to someone as if they are a higher person. i dont believe that there is someone like that. im the type of person that has to see it to believe it or actually exparience it. all i know is that i sin alot and i dont regret much of it. if i did something it was for a reason, but sometimes i just didnt know better so i do regret that stuff. if i start thinking like the church people do and believing in heaven and hell then i sometimes want to go to hell. because i know if i get to go there im going to over power lucifer and take over hell. i hate the devil, he never helps me when i need him. and then god is never there either so thats why i so unlikely believe in him.

im prolly going to get nagged on for my beliefs. its just hard for me to believe in god after getting beat by my alkaholic father in his van in the parking lot of a church while church was is session and the reason he did this was, i was in the church and his g/f's son, that i didnt get along with, was messing with me like picking on me and pushing me so i told him off and he told his mom and she slapt me in the church and then my dad walked me out into his van and started to beat me. this was along time ago like 6 years ago or something like that. but currently my dad is very cool and hes not with his old gf and he quit drinking and even went to church for a while. he also tryed to kill himself by drinking himself to death and now has heart problems. and needs a transplant. so thats why it is hard for me to believe in god! i believe that this is hell this planet this life, it is hell and we all are living it. and when we die we leave it and go to a better place. ive seen alot of good people die young and bad people live forever so that makes me think this is hell even more. just my .02 i had to share because i went through this god stuff alot and it just hits me in a spot when i hear people talking about it. and i just cant keep my mouth shut.
It wasn't God who beat you in that Van. We Christians don't have all the answers either, but I can tell you that Jesus predicted there would be a bunch of people who claimed to represent Him that he would send away from him in the last days. Don't judge Him by the people who have misrepresented Him.
A relationship is a personal thing no matter who it is with and each is unique. I wish I could tell you there were mostly good churches out there and only a few that weren't but I am afraid the opposite is probably true. It doesn't stop me from praying and giving thanks for my daily needs being met.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
dawg said:
im a catholic and practice
but keep your religious beliefs and political beliefs to yourself.
this isnt a bible thumping forum.
Practice what?
I agree that discussions over "religion" and politics are best avoided. But religion is a product of man. A personal relationship with your creator should never be hidden. And I generally wouldn't bring the subject up but as a person who strives to live as I feel God intended people to, I can't sit by and say nothing in His defense when the conversation turns in that direction.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Religious discussions can bring a lot of heat, that's why often times they're better left alone. But that's not what God wants from us. We are the salt and the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. We are that city on a hill. God shines through us and we're the soldiers in his army, fighting the frontlines. If all chrisitans would rather not talk about God with others we wouldnt save anyone else. We'd be selfish. We as christians are supposed to get the word out, the good new of Christ our savior.
God told us it wouldnt be easy, he never said it'd be a cakewalk. He said "for in this world there will be trouble, but I have overcome the world". He said we'd be persecuted. But in the Beatitudes he also said "Blessed are those who are persecuted because of reightiousness, for theirs is the kindgdom of heaven". God calls us to take up his cross and follow him. I for one will no be quiet, I will not stand back and watch, I will speak up and proclaim his good news.

Mike

·
Not so New Member
58 Posts
WOW Nightfire (MIKE) you may be 16 but your spiritual maturity is timeless. Thanks for being a light!!
Fred

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
dawg said:
im a catholic and practice
but keep your religious beliefs and political beliefs to yourself.
this isnt a bible thumping forum.
so? If you dont wanna read, just click <-BACK, this is off-topic and if someone wants to talk about prayer, let it be

·
current hot rod: CTS-V
1,821 Posts
Nightfire said:
Religious discussions can bring a lot of heat, that's why often times they're better left alone. But that's not what God wants from us. We are the salt and the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. We are that city on a hill. God shines through us and we're the soldiers in his army, fighting the frontlines. If all chrisitans would rather not talk about God with others we wouldnt save anyone else. We'd be selfish. We as christians are supposed to get the word out, the good new of Christ our savior.
God told us it wouldnt be easy, he never said it'd be a cakewalk. He said "for in this world there will be trouble, but I have overcome the world". He said we'd be persecuted. But in the Beatitudes he also said "Blessed are those who are persecuted because of reightiousness, for theirs is the kindgdom of heaven". God calls us to take up his cross and follow him. I for one will no be quiet, I will not stand back and watch, I will speak up and proclaim his good news.
Mike you just won a free hat.

I don't pray, but I've had people tell me they are praying for my soul. So I think I'm covered.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Mitmaks is right.
This isnt coming from Moderator Hemmi, but as a member Hemmi.
If you dont like a forum then email a mod or dont click on it.
The guy didnt ask who wants a bible thumping lesson, but who does pray? If ya dont, then dont answer. Hg
p.s. I love that car in your avatar Mitmaks:D

·
Start those projects someday
556 Posts
Prayer is an everyday thing. I dont drop to my knees or make a show out of it. Its a life style. I pray for people on this board that ask for it but dont "force it down anybodys throat." I lead a "small group" thru my church and we have a short study and prayer time every 2 weeks. Yes, I do care about people and I do pray for them even those that dont agree with me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts