Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hoping someone can give me a little guidence on this. I have an 89 Ford F-250 HD with 4:10 dana 70 and a ZF 5 speed tranny, I just dropped in a 460 out of a 78 Lincoln Town Car, put a Edelbrock 600 on it with a Edelbrock dual plane intake, I think I may have really made an oops with that carb, should have been an 800, I also put Crane cam kit 353904 truck cam and new springs, retainers and locks as well, but my question is ... would a predator carb work on that intake and give me the pull power I need when towing then the MPG while bouncing around town with just the truck, I have 2 1/2 dual exhaust from manifolds to mufflers then up to 3" out in front of the rear wheels, I will greatfully accept any help on this matter, I am embarrassed about how she pulls with a car on the trailer. I know the engine has the potential but need a few pointers. Thanks

Gene

·
Registered
223 Posts
predator carb runs between 390 cfm and 930 cfm. it would help with torque but your gas milage will suck. not really a good street carb. i dont know if your linkage would work, try jegs or summit. they will have one

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
replace the timing chain and gears with one off a 1969 429 your factory cam timing was retarded for emission purposes about 4 or 6 degrees this should wake it up.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
oops missed the cam replacement did you use the stock timing chain for the lincol? if so this could still be the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts