Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Gotta love a turbo!
2,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sounds stupid, but how do you get chemical from the soap hose to actually inject? I don't see any type of valve arrangement to allow it in. Is it supposed to "suck" all the time? Cause mine did nothing when I dropped the filter end into a gallon of Simple Green. Bought the pump off E-Bay last year, no manual...

Russ

·
True Hotrodder
1,955 Posts
You are changing over to your "soap" nozzle? Usually the line just runs from the vacuum port on the pump to the soap container, maybe with a on/off valve in-between. But nothing will be drawn from the container on mine if any other nozzle is used.

·
Gotta love a turbo!
2,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's it. Found a generic pressure washer PDF manual online that stated to "lower the system pressure" to get the soap to flow. The only way to lower pressure on mine was to use the black tip with the largest hole.

Thanks!

Russ

·
Gotta love a turbo!
2,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Found another use for these PWs. The company that cleans our carpeting refused to do throw rugs in house, only off-site at their shop and the price was $127 for a 5' x 8' rug. Pretty sure the one we have was less than half that $$$ new, so time to experiment. Placed the rug over a set of sawhorses in the driveway so it was stretched out and not touching the ground. Hit it with Simple Green and let it soak while I switched nozzles and blasted all my BBQ smoker grates, then went back and blasted the rug with the green tip until no more sign of soap. Drug it off the horses with the intent of draping it over our iron gate to dry but now it weighs over 100#, so flattened it out on the driveway and suckered off as much water as possible with a shop-vac. Draped it over the horses again and let the sun/wind do it's thing, came out perfect! Before you try this on something expensive, better test the soap first, and it did take overnight to dry...

Russ

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.