Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I am interested in getting a pressure washer and would like some recommendations. I only have about $200.00, what do you suggest? What PSI do I look for, etc. Any recommendations you have are appreciated.

Thanks
Dave

·
EFI Rules and Carbs Drool
919 Posts
Actually, I just bought one from sears for under $200 on sale. Gas powered 4 HP. no wheels, but it's real light so it's actually easy to carry and doesn't take up much space in the shed at all. 3 nozzles plus a soap nozzle.

just search for 07175201000 at sears.com

·
tjn/56nomad
10 Posts
pressure washers

Daveh, be warned that when the washer is not spewing water, it is not cooling! In other words if the engine is running but the "wand" is in the off position, there is no water flow. These pumps rely on water "movement" for cooling purposes, and the pump can quickly burn out.

Make sure that the pump can be serviced/waranteed locally, as that is the weakest link. Purchase the unit with the highest pressure that you can aff
ord, as that will shorten your work time as well as producing better results. Best of luck! TJN/56Nomad :)

·
Get in, sit down, hang on
2,785 Posts
$200.00 is a prettly low-budget pressure washer.

My all-time favorite is the Water Wacker, mfg'd by FAE. They're referred to as the "Cadillac" of pressure washers, and I've sold quite a few of them at the NAPA store I used to work at.

It's a fairly common design in this part of the world.

These are serious units that are built to last, and to be serviced when things wear out.

They're a little more pricey, though ... about $1000.00 CDN

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.