Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup!

Contains the same sodium dex-cool does, it is just yellow colored. same with the advance auto brand, both contain sodium die-something. and another form of sodium. I checked it with an old bottle of prestone on the shelf in the back, only etheline gylcol and dietheline gylcol in the old bottle(yes my spelling sucks), try and find original prestone, or other green anti-freeze.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong on this, but it doesnt look that way, the dex-cool ingedients are the same as this new yellow prestone crap.

·
Registered
174 Posts
GM came up with dex-cool. Why would anyone want to run salt-water through their engine to cool it? :confused:

Way to go Mr. Goodwrench :thumbup: ya fat-head retard :spank: .

Wonder why mom's water pump rusted out on the buick. :confused:

MoocH

·
Registered
13 Posts
k2mooch said:

Way to go Mr. Goodwrench :thumbup: ya fat-head retard :spank: .
MoocH
Hahaha moochie..."fat head retard"...very nice.

I think I would stick with the dex-cool though, If I had a car that required it of course....

·
Registered
174 Posts
bowtiebabe72 said:
. . .If I had a car that required it of course....
That's kinda masochistic of the car though, don't ya think? :D

I know, big words, sorry. Look it up. Just goofing off.

MoocH

·
Registered
113 Posts
I don't know how it is elsewhere, but ALL (except the actual Dexcool) of the antifreeze out this way recently is 'compatable" with ANY other antifreeze. You can't find the regular ethylene glycol(green) stuff anymore.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I am right. Take away the fancy words and what do you get, SALT! Thats right salt running through your engine block, eating away at every part it comes in contact with.

So yeah they are all compatible because it's Dex-Death.

·
Registered
174 Posts
masochist

n : someone who obtains pleasure from receiving punishment [ant: sadist]

Like the masochistic engine that 'requires' to be destroyed from the inside out? Good thinking GM :thumbup: Way to keep revenue coming into your repair shops. What a bunch of brilliant (insert dirty word here)'s. :spank: :spank:

MoocH

·
Registered
13 Posts
Moochie...Have you been saving that word just for a time like this? Used it, sounded smart...back to the drawing board.

oooh..ouch...burn. Yeah...eat ___

:)

Lindsey

·
NYOFP4RJ3CHRIS
1,545 Posts
k2mooch said:
Cause I'm a narcicistic exhibitionist!!!! :thumbup:

That's better than being a narcissistic necrophiliac !. :D

Know what I mean? :drunk:

·
Glad the Jeep is on the road
809 Posts
Ok, I am a little out of touch. Why is ethylene glycol disappearing and what do you like or dislike about the replacements?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Ethylene glycol is toxic to living things. It's probably being phased out for health reasons moreso than mechanical. (like everything else these days)

I don't like the fact that its replacement contains organic acid which is much more damaging to metal components inside a car (except aluminum). Dex - Cool

Green = Good for car, bad for environment.
Red = Bad for car, no bad for environment.

It's a simple dilemma caused by idiots dumping the Green in their back yards instead of recycling it. Now we have to be consious of the environment and rust our engines form the inside out.

Of course this is pretty exaggerated, but it's along the same lines.

MoocH

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No one is an "idiot" for dumping the green stuff in the yard. You know in some areas there arent any places that recycle the stuff. Like I dont know... where I live. It is easier to let it run down the drain than to pay someone to have it collected.

So dont blame me, blame however is making it hard to dispose of and/or recycle.

·
current hot rod: CTS-V
1,821 Posts
Our dog was poisoned because the guy across the street poured his out onto the road, stupid * hole should have just poured it out in his stone driveway.

I dump mine in the stones that extend a few feet past where our driveway stops and then spray the area with the hose just incase any animals want to get into it.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
And still casues corosion.

And sodium does not explode when it comes in contact with water, it does catch fire however.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts