Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone use Preview Post ?
I´ve tried it a couple of times and it shows my post just as I had written it.
I thought it was supposed to show the post as it would apper in it´s final form, so you can click your links and see that they work.
That´s how I use it on other forums.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
malc said:
Does anyone use Preview Post ? I´ve tried it a couple of times and it shows my post just as I had written it. I thought it was supposed to show the post as it would apper in it´s final form, so you can click your links and see that they work.
I try to use the "Preview Post" on all my replies, and check my links before I hit "Submit Reply" It has always worked for me and it cuts down on the editing after the fact.

·
NEVER satisfied !
58 Posts
Sure wish I knew more about computers.

Old dog....New tricks disease, I guess.

454 Rattler

( Thats strange, it worked this time !)

·
NEVER satisfied !
58 Posts
Question: Should my computer show any pictures I've attached when I "Preview Post" ??

Thats the only problem I've had with it.

454 Rattler

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
What browser are you guys using. I know my old version of Firefox would not show the spell checker correctly...but that problem was eliminated when I installed the newest version of FF.

The Preview Post function does work for me and it does show pictures that are embedded in the text. However, it does NOT show pictures which are put at the bottom of a post as an attachment.

·
NEVER satisfied !
58 Posts
We have Windows XP and I can do "thumbnails". I've not tried to embed any pictures yet. ( I don't know how !! )

My son calls it being Computer stupid. I have to agree!

454 Rattler

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
First off, the picture you wish to include in your post has to be on the web somewhere.
You can upload your pics to places such as photobucket.com or here at HotRodders.
I usually have two windows open, where the pic is, and my thread/reply.
Right click the picture and select "properties".
In properties you will see the pictures web location, highlight this right click it and copy.Close the pics properties box.
Now go to your thread/reply and click the "insert image " icon.
This opens and you can right click and paste the pic´s web location.
Click accept and its done. :thumbup:
Hope this helps.

·
NEVER satisfied !
58 Posts
Malc, thanks for the reply. I'm sure it's very helpful and I really appreciate your effort.

I'm not really a computer type of guy and this seems to be beyond me. I don't know when it would be useful to me.

I'm going to copy your reply and file it away for future reference.

BTW I live about 50 miles from "cboy". I also have pictures of your car all over my shop.

Thanks again,

454 Rattler

Attachments

·
Hotrodders.com Administrator
3,201 Posts
454rattler -- we have two usernames on file associated with you. One is "454 Rattler", and the other is "454rattler". The avatar was getting added to the "454 Rattler" account. All fixed now.

Not sure about the post preview thing, it should be working fine. Browser issues would be the first thing to check.

·
Get in, sit down, hang on
2,785 Posts
malc said:
First off, the picture you wish to include in your post has to be on the web somewhere.
You can upload your pics to places such as photobucket.com or here at HotRodders.
I usually have two windows open, where the pic is, and my thread/reply.
Right click the picture and select "properties".
In properties you will see the pictures web location, highlight this right click it and copy.Close the pics properties box.
Now go to your thread/reply and click the "insert image " icon.
This opens and you can right click and paste the pic´s web location.
Click accept and its done. :thumbup:
Hope this helps.
I have gone through Malc's steps and did screen captures of the procedure.
You can only attach 5 images to a reply, but I think everyone will be able to follow along.
Speaking of which ... The "attached thumbnails" that you see below is a different procedure ... maybe I'll do another post to explain that if anyone would like?

To the Mods:
Can we somehow save this thread as a "sticky" and refer users to it? This topic seems to come up quite frequently.

Step1:
Have 2 browser windows open as already explained.
Find the (on-line) image that you want to display in your post. In this example ... a timing belt tensioner for a 1998 Grand Prix.
Right click on the image, and select "Properties"

Step2:
Find the "Address (URL)" line on the property sheet, then drag your mouse over the text to select it. Right click again, and choose "Copy".

Step3:
Switch back to your "Reply to Topic" window at Hotrodders.
Click on the yellow "Insert Image" icon on the toolbar.

Step4:
When the "Explorer User Prompt" dialog box pops up ... (and you may have to change your settings to allow pop-ups from this site.) ... right-click again inside the text-box, and choose "Paste". The text that you copied in Step2 above will be pasted into the text-box. Click on "OK" to close the dialog box and insert your (formatted) image text into your reply at the current insertion point.

Step5:
I have purposely highlighted the inserted text for demonstartion purposes. Click on "Preview Post" and you should see your picture inserted into yor message. If everything looks OK, go ahead and click on "Submit Reply"

Attachments

·
Administrator
18,402 Posts
You da man, Don.......Good idea.......Jon will have to stick it.........Site Suggestions is his forum.

Adtually, it could be added to Most Asked Questions.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts