Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'Day from downunder! I'm new here.
I'm currently working on a project that would look the business with the matt/flat/primer finish that was so popular way back when, however was wondering on how practical in terms of keeping the car clean etc it would be. I know that black metallic paint gets the dirtiest the quickest, does this also apply for matt black? How hard is it to clean? Is the finish robust? Does it scratch easily? Does anyone know which paint manufacturer I should go with?
Thanks for the advice, hopefully, when she's all finished, I'll be able to supply some pics to the lovely gallery!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
g,day back mate, I,m new too and while not having very much to offer try this, presently in the UK everybody is painting in what they call satin, matt in other terms and I hate it personally, but have to admit that it is the easiest to maintain and offers a consistant look under our weather conditions. It always seems to look the same, cleans easy and black seems to be the beat at it. I have a few friend that have even undertaken the task with rattle cans and had some of the best results Ive seen. Traditioally you buy a flatting agent you add to the paint and the more you add the flatter it looks.

·
Troll Hunter
2,694 Posts
There's a John Deere black that is satin finish, made by most of the paint companies that fills the bill. Since it is designed as top coat it isn't as porous as some of the flat finishes, the cars I've seen use it have used PPG.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts