Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
should i wipe the primer down between coats[say with prepsall or similar]i have been wiping with prepsall then priming then sanding then wipe with prepsall then sandind etc.it seems to me that the prepsall melts the primer a tiny bit so that when you wipe and it dries you can see a faint haze.i'm wondering if this is a problem?thanks for your help!jimm

·
Registered
102 Posts
Wiping your primer down with prep sol is not necessary. Prep sol the panel before priming. If you want to you could use a tack cloth between coats of primer. Just make sure the primer has flashed off first before you tack it off.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jwcn45, howdy! thanks for your advice! hope ican help you or others at the right time,jimm

·
Registered
84 Posts
Ya , prepsol should be used first , to help lift any contaminants before you start. I may use it again is if you have a car that has been severly undercoated or oiled and you can see the oils bleeding into the primer, or you are sure that there has been a contaminant on the surface of the primer ( oil spray, oily hands, armourall or wax contact). Sometimes this will happen if the car sits in primer for an extended period of time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts