Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Be the MIRACLE!
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thought you could use some additional motivation to get some work done on the S-10. Here's some primer, Weimer. Took me all day again for the second time/day to get 97% of the car under primer (plus a Harley motorcycle if you look close you may see some of those parts). The weather should be great again to day. Think the wife and I will take off on the bike after church and take a break from painting. Have a good one!:thumbup:

Oops! Forgot the pics for you. Darn says pic is too big. It'll take me a few moments to try to get them on here. Be patient with this old fool.:D
[
[
Well it's in my photo gallery. I had a thumbnail sketch up here for awhile but then I lost it. grrrrrr!

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
Thats a lot of pieces parts

Have you though of a finished color for the car yet? Just wondered what color you had in mind.

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

·
Be the MIRACLE!
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, again Kev. I had it once but I lost it. I think I may know what I did wrong but run out of time to try again. There are more parts than that. That's just what I could fit in the picture.
Tazz, as far as colors I'm still looking at, British Racing Green, Pearl White and Gray similar to the primer color. For the Harley that's laying there a purple with some marblizing thrown in here and there.

·
Be the MIRACLE!
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well you saw the before or rather during at the top of the thread. Here's the after shot. There are even more parts inside the car and in the garage. Getting dark too soon now. Kills my will to get her out after work and work on her. I also bought an old (70's maybe) wood and chrome steering wheel that was in need of some freshining up. I sanded it down and added two coats of urethane to bring out that nice wood look again. Then polished up the chrome. Looks nice.

Attachments

·
Banned
431 Posts
38 special said:
Well you saw the before or rather during at the top of the thread. Here's the after shot. There are even more parts inside the car and in the garage. Getting dark too soon now. Kills my will to get her out after work and work on her. I also bought an old (70's maybe) wood and chrome steering wheel that was in need of some freshining up. I sanded it down and added two coats of urethane to bring out that nice wood look again. Then polished up the chrome. Looks nice.
lookin good :thumbup:

why is the primer so shiney? maybe thats just how it is, but i don't know because i've only used rattle can primer.

the landscape looks nice up there. everytime i think about ohio, i think about snow for some reason, lol, not green grass and nice weather.

late' Aaron

·
Be the MIRACLE!
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's PPG epoxy primer. Once you sand it down it's not shiny anymore. It's still fall. No snow yet, but I'm sure it's coming. Brrrrr!

·
Kenneth Howard hates you...
572 Posts
38 special said:
It's PPG epoxy primer. Once you sand it down it's not shiny anymore. It's still fall. No snow yet, but I'm sure it's coming. Brrrrr!
Mmmm...epoxy primer...the GOOD smelling stuff:D
You better hush your mouth about the snow! You know how it is in Ohio...once someone starts to mention it....It starts snowing:nono:
Later,
WEIMER

·
im on a highway to hell
688 Posts
hey 38 that stuff looks great, its good motivation for all of us i think! as soon as i finish painting my house its all out project time i hope this is going to be a fun winter, if i'm working uot in the garage it might not seem so long. thanks for the reminder!

rich.:cool:

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,858 Posts
Looking good, 38. It took a whole lot of work to get it that far. :thumbup: Dan

·
Be the MIRACLE!
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You know it brother and I have a whole heck of a lot of work to go. Now I've got to work the crdit card down to make the little woman happy. I did go out and clean out the garage today and moved the old 38 to the opposite side so I can work on other projects, like putting new gaskets in my motorcyle cause it's leaking all over my left leg. There goes the credit card again. I found out something to today. My old car only goes straight and left. I can't turn right. When I went to push it to the other side the steering arms hit the peice of steel I welded on to hold the nose and radiator. So I whipped out the old sawzall and cut it just enough to clear. Works just fine now. Always something.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts