Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the Pro-Comp products any good? Anyone have any experience with their fuel pumps and regulators? I just put one of their electric fuel pump and regulator combos in my car and hope it will work out. Im just looking for honest feedback on this stuff.

Thanks in advance. :welcome:

·
More for Less Racer
20,931 Posts
I've used the SBC heads(bought bare and then filled with good parts, fabricated aluminum valvecovers, cast timing cover, Connecting rods, mechanical waterpump, and aluminum water neck without problems. I'm a little leary of anything with electric motors from them, like fuel or water pumps and haven't been brave enough to try them.

The parts used to assemble the heads from ProComp leave a lot to be desired, so I advise anyone using them to buy bare or from a shop that doesn't buy them as assemblys from PC.

Stay far away from their rocker arms, have seen several sets(both stud mount and shaft mount) exploded with very little use or time on them.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cobalt327 said:
Have you used the search function? I have a thread out there that's got lots of responses (like 150-plus) on this very thing. Title was something like "pro comp junk?".
Most of the responses were useless to me. Im wondering about their fuel pumps and regulators quality. your thread was about heads and rocker arms. But thanks you anyhow.

·
WFO
5,030 Posts
Dajerseyrat said:
Anyone have any experience with their fuel pumps and regulators? I just put one of their electric fuel pump and regulator combos in my car and hope it will work out.
It seems to me that you should have asked this question BEFORE you bought the parts, not after the fact.

If some guy comes here and says, "I installed their pump and regulator and they SUCK!" are you gonna pull them off your car? :p

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cobalt327 said:
It seems to me that you should have asked this question BEFORE you bought the parts, not after the fact.

If some guy comes here and says, "I installed their pump and regulator and they SUCK!" are you gonna pull them off your car? :p
Good point..... :pain: A little too late huh? I guess Im asking cause I dont want to be driving my car and have the fuel pump die on me and leave me stranded. Im at the point now I could simply swap it out for a Holly or Edelbrock, but was just wondering it they are known for high failure rates.

·
Registered
292 Posts
A ton of folks hate Procomp. The problem? It's hardly EVER the owners doing the *****ing. Yep, it's chinese parts which tend to be crap, but as far as car parts go, there just aren't a lot of failures reported from actual owners. 5 people will complain they saw a head come apart - maybe all 5 saw the same head that came apart 1 Sunday? I definitely won't defend chinese crap, but the dead silence from actual OWNERS of the parts speaks tons to me. Yep, approach with caution as the quality control simply isn't up to normal standards, but I've seen American parts break as well. It happens. In your case, though, I'd be a bit more concerned about anything with wires attached. A hunk of aluminum is one thing - electrical items leave a lot more room for error. And make sure anyone complaining actually OWNS the part, otherwise, it's likely a chinese basher.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.