Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I have a 68 Chevelle with a fresh small block chev 355 with TRW forged pistons#2L417 due to the high piston to wall clearance 's oo6 I have piston slap, will a pro-form noisy gear drive hide the piston slap? I have $8000 CDN in this motor, motor ran an hour an a half in my garage I tore it down all specs are proper oil pressure was 45 to 50 psi. I was told on this site that TRW forged pistons will piston slap, my problem is it does it even when it's warm, but it does get quieter as it warms up. I am running 10.14 compression with Dart 2 heads, cranes energizer cam, dur 228 @ 50 and 480 lift and will motor last. PS motor runs strong cranking compression is 185 per cylinder.

·
Premium Member
2,370 Posts
Sorry, had a hard time understanding the post at first. I'd go with Pete Jacksons gear drive or something from Edelbrock personally. I havent read anything or heard anything about Summits setup so I cant really say much about them. Will probably only cover any sound when a bit of throttle is applied.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.