Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little help here...please! I'm 2 months in and new to all this.
I have an SBC bored .040 over with a dual quad set up running (2) 4160 carbs and a tunnel ram intake. The truck is a '53 Chevy swap to a '99 s-10. I am still running the stock pump with a Holley 12-877 fuel regulator.

What is the pressure supposed to be for this kind of set up?
Do you recommend the Aeromotive EFI to Carb Dual Stage Fuel Pressure Regulator? I can't seem to get the pressure to stay below 11 psi. It creeps up after I turn it down.

Thanks for the help

·
True Hotrodder
1,955 Posts
7-7.5 is more than enough. You said stock pump - what 's the output pressure on that? That Aeromotive regulator would probably handle the problem. I'm not familiar with the EFI on a Chevy that much, but would assume you're in the 50 psi range? A normal carb fuel regulator cannot handle that kind of input pressure.

·
More for Less Racer
20,932 Posts
'99 S-10 chassis I would assume it is in-tank EFI pump?
Was it individual port injection or a throttle body injection originally? They operate on vastly different pressures.

Holley 12-877 does not come back as a good number for a fuel regulator....it is shown as just a "Fuel Pump Module hanger shim"....clearly not a regulator.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.