Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I have an s10 with a 383 stroker and a Holly 4 corner idle carb. When I go to adjust nothing changes. When I screw it in or back it out..nothing! What could be the issue.

·
More for Less Racer
20,942 Posts
All 4 screws, just the front or rear pair, or just one of the four?

This is commonly an issue of the throttle plates are open too far, exposing too much transfer slot below the blade edge and rendering the idle mix screws non-responsive.

What's the carb model and size, and does it have an idle air bypass adjustment feature?

·
Registered
4,723 Posts
Before anything else on your carb adjustments, what is your timing curve like? Timing can affect everything across the board when tuning a carb and if its not set correct for what the engine needs to idle right and perform then you will have a lot of band aid tuning going on and will leave a lot on the table. Like stated above post more information about your build and more help can be given. Also what carb do you have as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.