Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that complain about Procomp products or china origan... ck out the statement of origan for AFR, RHS,Pratirot, and many of the other popular aluminum head buliders, as the same with the popular SCAT,EAGLE,K1...U might be surprised !!!!
FOOD FOR THOUGHT; Are u aware that Procomp heads are like a blank-
slate !! Meaning that any company with a CNC machine can imprent their
logal on the end of Procomp heads !

·
Banned
9,993 Posts
AFR and RHS are both cast in the US, I've never heard of "Pratirot" heads, but Patriot heads are cast off shores. Almost every car guy and their neighbor knows this.

SCAT, Eagle, and K1 are all also cast off shores, again not new news...

Next week I'm sure you'll be telling us how most gasoline at the pump has at least some small amount of ethanol in it or how the EPA has required oil companies to remove ZDDP from their oil...

·
Registered
843 Posts
And, I believe Edelbrock has their own aluminum foundry here in the States as well. Gotta believe their heads are cast domestically.

Pat

·
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW
2,865 Posts
Procomp has inclusions and air pockets in the casting if you mill one or do porting and get one by chance you wouldn't be so true to the brand!! The materials in china are crap Any one who buys cheep gets what they pay for!!!

Jester

·
Administrator
18,647 Posts
Just out of interest, does anyone know where in the US, the Procomp company headquarters is?...Is it near Quincey Michigan by any chance?

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
The Chinese can make products that are just as well made as any in the world, you just have to pay them more to get more quality.
Last I heard, most all aftermarket cranks were either forged or cast in China, but some were also machined there while others were machined in the USA. The only completely US made cranks are billet.

·
Banned
9,993 Posts
The Chinese can make products that are just as well made as any in the world, you just have to pay them more to get more quality.
Last I heard, most all aftermarket cranks were either forged or cast in China, but some were also machined there while others were machined in the USA. The only completely US made cranks are billet.
There are many FORGED cranks that are still 100% made in the USA, cast on the other hand...

There are also many good parts that come from overseas, a lot of damn fine parts from Europe and Japan, but no one ever brings that stuff into it.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Do U sell some of these products? Just trying to point out that their better buys for ur money ! or as said on HOT ROD TV..BANG FOR UR BUCK !!!!
I hate "Hot Rod TV".
Who cares??? wait... Isnt there already a thread on this??? Oh no, I am mistaken. That's "Who gives a rats behind".
BTW, When you have a large fancy family gathering, I hope you don't get out your fancy fine CHINA. Use the Dixie cups. I think they're made in the South. :thumbup:

·
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW
2,865 Posts
There are many FORGED cranks that are still 100% made in the USA, cast on the other hand...

There are also many good parts that come from overseas, a lot of damn fine parts from Europe and Japan, but no one ever brings that stuff into it.
I have:
Swiss steel, European, Metals, machining and forgings, I was in Russia working in a steel mill and machine shops (sent there by an American Co.)top quality just a little behind in technology, then it was like 30 yrs behind us they never saw digital micrometers! Because of politics and protections, and our stores not carrying quality products we are forced to buy whats available!!! You cant even buy a good pair of tweezers here ( they bend)LOL:pain: What happened to high carbon steal knives? Razor blades ? you cut a piece of paper and their dull! Lets open our steel mills, our quarries, coal mines, lets do our roads right and not with the cheapest bid!!!!!! Woops I stole the thread SORRY LOL:eek:

Jester:evil:

·
Registered
15,651 Posts
I have:
Swiss steel, European, Metals, machining and forgings, I was in Russia working in a steel mill and machine shops (sent there by an American Co.)top quality just a little behind in technology, then it was like 30 yrs behind us they never saw digital micrometers! Because of politics and protections, and our stores not carrying quality products we are forced to buy whats available!!! You cant even buy a good pair of tweezers here ( they bend)LOL:pain: What happened to high carbon steal knives? Razor blades ? you cut a piece of paper and their dull! Lets open our steel mills, our quarries, coal mines, lets do our roads right and not with the cheapest bid!!!!!! Woops I stole the thread SORRY LOL:eek:

Jester:evil:
The greens will never let this happen. All BNSF wanted to do was ship coal to China through Seattle to help our nation with its balance of payments deficit with them. But NO, the greens came out in force with their bicycles and Prius's to stop it. So the poor working class people put out of work at the closed up industries can't even walk along the tracks to pickup spilt coal to burn for a little heat in this rain soaked just above freezing paradise.

Bogie

·
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW
2,865 Posts
The greens will never let this happen. All BNSF wanted to do was ship coal to China through Seattle to help our nation with its balance of payments deficit with them. But NO, the greens came out in force with their bicycles and Prius's to stop it. So the poor working class people put out of work at the closed up industries can't even walk along the tracks to pickup spilt coal to burn for a little heat in this rain soaked just above freezing paradise.

Bogie
Bogie:
You say that like you did that when you were young !!!:( I did with my mother and 2 buckets! I grew up next to a switch yard and there was always a lot of coal next to the tracks! I haven't thought about that in many many years!
I used to put bottle caps on the tracks to see them flattened! And a coke was a nickle.
Jester

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.