Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after years of searching for a deal on one, I found 2 in fairly good shape, so I picked them both up for next to nothing:
1st one is a 4 speed 1973 Opel GT, and the 2nd one is an Auto 1973 Opel GT.
Both were not running when I bought them, but less than 1 hour and both were purring....
I think one of them will get a 2.3L ford turbo (Thunderbird trubo coupe) drivetrain....not sure about the other yet....
Neat little cars to be sure!!

Anyways, with 7 cars on hand, the 40 Chevy is on the block.....however, if I don't get what I want for it, it will stay around....I love that car......
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...&rd=1&item=2489436651&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

I'm gonna use one of the GTs as a daily driver and unload the 94 Z28 (LT1-T56)....it's just not practical in stop and go I-405 traffic everyday.........

So currently:
2 x GTs
1 x 40 Chevy
1 x 71 Cheyenne 20
1 x 240Z (LT1-T56 conversion)
1 x Camaro Z28
1 x Volvo 850

Something has to give......

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
coldknock said:
I wish I had your problem.:thumbup:

Don't sell anything.

Larry
Well...not quite that simple (if only)!!
I only have a 2 car (barely) garage, and a small piece of land (~50'x~140'), so storage is an issue.
Currently the 40 Chev is sitting in front of my neighbors garage, and the 2 GTs are at his bodyshop....space is the biggest issue. He is really cool about it all, but I don't want to overstay my welcome, even though I know he will never ask me to move any of them......

Tim

·
I'm lookin' to learn.
92 Posts
So instead of selling things off, take the time to talk to your buddy about your problem of no space and that you don't want to take advantage of his hospitality. Perhaps you can come to some arrangement that will work to your advantage and you can keep em all. Friends (like your neighbor) usually step up and help when they actually know there's a problem.

Just a thought....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts