Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Old School Motorhead
42 Posts
Keep them soaking in the fluid, make sure that the fluid has the friction additive. If you are going to store the clutches separately in plain gear oil, you will have to soak them in pure additive for 24hrs prior to reinstallation.

·
No substitute for cubic inches
211 Posts
SSedan64 said:
If it's a complete Posi rearend, put the lube & additive in and turn an axle or the pinion yoke every now & then to distribute the lube and prevent corrosion.
The last one I left sitting was in the car and it sat for 4 yrs. wish I would have thought of moving it now and then as the clutch pack self destructed after a few months of running. I wonder how overfilling the housing with lube and additive would work for a rear that is out of the car? Just because I know me and I'll never think to spin an axle now and then.

Tony

·
Registered
6,009 Posts
Ford Junkie said:
The last one I left sitting was in the car and it sat for 4 yrs. wish I would have thought of moving it now and then as the clutch pack self destructed after a few months of running. I wonder how overfilling the housing with lube and additive would work for a rear that is out of the car? Just because I know me and I'll never think to spin an axle now and then.

Tony
Should work fine, try to keep the Lube to Additive ratio correct so you can just drain to the correct level and go when you're ready to bolt it in. It would leave less room for air. :thumbup:
Todd

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.