Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you guys know the proper way to paint a car and get the seude paint finish and have the protection from uv rays and such. I know about john deere blitz black, but I do not think it is really what I am looking for. (not sure it has the protection from the enviroment I want) thanks in advance.

·
Registered
106 Posts
badriand said:
I know about john deere blitz black, but I do not think it is really what I am looking for. (not sure it has the protection from the enviroment I want)
JDBB will handle every element you can throw at it. Good stuff..

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wasn't sure, read in another post that the john deere paint would not hold up like if brake fluid was spilled on it. Does the jd blitz black have the enviromental protection since you are not clearing it.

·
Registered
760 Posts
I've got some BB downstairs waiting for when I'm ready to paint my rig.

here's one thing I'd take into consideration...this is the crap used to paint tractors that probably see more harsh of an environment, fertilizer, chemicals, mud, gravel etc than a car would see. I'd imagine it would hold up pretty well, but again I can't say for sure.

·
Registered
717 Posts
there is a product called nextel suede. we used it at the company i used to work for. i believe its used on interior dashes and trim pieces on bmw's. its available in different colors and it is a catalyzed urethane so it should hold up pretty well in the elements. stuff looks just like suede. i'm not sure who makes it, i assume a company called nextel. i'm also not sure where to find it so do a search on google and see what you find.

·
Registered
717 Posts
the stuff from alsa, i think, is like a soft rubbery clear, which is cool but different from the nextel stuff. the nextel stuff actually looks like suede when sprayed on. a cool idea.....spray the nextel on then put the alsa over it if you want added protection.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Ive heard from several people that the JDBB is hard to get perfect show finish (because its not what ist made for) it dries so fast that its very hard to get all the way round the car before its so dry it wont blend, and youll get dry spray...

the best way is to use a BC/CC with a flattening agent in the clear, thet way you can use a solvent and catalyst to get a dry time that suits your car and conditions..

Color rite color #5988 COLOR-RITE'S FC- 900 FLAT EGGSHELL CLEARCOAT this is on the 2004 V-MAX

If you go to http://www.color-rite.com/ you can get info if you look around.

·
Registered
717 Posts
ahhhh, i found a site that has nextel, however its in the uk. you can probably contact them and find out if there are any US distributors. here is the link...
http://www.nextelcoatings.co.uk/frames.htm
they show a couple samples at the bottom of the page so you can sort of get an idea of what it looks like, its kind of grainy and has a soft feel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts