Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys wasnt sure were to put this and since its not auto related i figured this would be the best spot

anyways ive got an old 22 caliber bolt rifle thats been passed down.
the bluing was wearing worn off on most of the gun and it was going to cost around 200$'s to have the gun reblued.
the gun isnt worth 50$'s so i figured id try to refinish the gun myself
i completly disassembled the gun and sanded the stock and refins9ihed the stock which came out very nice.

next up i decided to try polishing the barrel receiver and bolt.
i started with 400 grit and worked my way upto 2000 grit and it came out very very nice

the problem is it will dull out without anything on it, lil bit of polish on a rag and it comes right back to a mirror shine though.

what could i possible put on the gun to protect it from dulling out that would stand up to the heat from being fired

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This works pretty good. Follow the instructions, wear gloves, don't put your finger in your eye, and don't pick your nose.
http://www.vansgunblue.com/:thumbup:
thanks i might have to try that on another rifle i have that could use some touching up on the blueing.

for the .22 bolt action rifle i redid i think i want to keep it polished instead of blueing it it looks really good all polished out to a mirror shine

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.