Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm working on putting a vortech supercharger onto my 400 SBC. I'll be using a quick fuel 750cfm carb, I ordered my regulator that offers a wide range of future upgradability.

But, what I dont know what GPH I will need- or how that works... So far I have done enough homework to know that for every pound of boost I make I need +1 PSI, so I plan on making 8-10 PSI which means the fuel pump i picked max's out at 16psi so if i do make 10 psi i should be perfect. HOWEVER!! i see all these fuel pumps make different GPH, The fuel pump I picked is the fallowing part number: HLY-12-150 (summit part number).

If someone could please explain what i need and why i would be so greatfull!

If it helps my engine specs are the fallowing:

408 SBC - patriot freedom headers 175cc - comp cams nostegla 50/50 cam- 9:5:1 compression with SOON TO BE vortech supercharger 8-10 PSI. Being over optimisted Id love to see close to 600 horsepower

·
Registered
12,338 Posts
1/2 in line from the tank.
If your engine uses .4 pounds of fuel per hp produced,and gas is your fuel,then determine how many horse power you produce and you know gas weighs 6 pounds,do the math to find the minimum required at W.O.T. add in what you feel is a safe margin. set up your fuel delivery system with the correct regulator,,,,
Im guessing you are using 2 carbs? plumb in a return line if you think efi may be used in the future.Upgrade the pickup to match the fuel line size

1 - 2 of 2 Posts