Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ve seen in the recent articles that a different pushrod length is required for these heads.
I have put in a crower cam with.664 lift on intake and 668 on exhaust and the cam card says intake centerline of 104 degrees on my crank gear there is three keyway slots would the correct position be the middle slot. oh by the way this is a 460 stroked to 532.
Please help as engine seems to run very rough almost like exhaust is not staying open long enough? Is this due to the pushrod length or the crank gear being in the wrong slot.
thanks hardrod40

·
Troll Hunter
2,694 Posts
You didn't say what length pushrod you were using, but it's unlikely the problem if the adjustment is correct. The pushrod length has effect on the valvetrain geometry and can cause other problems, but probably not what you are experiencing. The adjustable gear is to compensate for mfg. variations and should have been checked at the time of install with a degree wheel or other devices. I rebuilt a 428SCJ earlier in the year and we had to advance the cam to the most possible to get the timing specs to work out. I am guessing you are having a problem for that reason. You can probably check the timing with the spec card without disassembly , but any correction needed will require the front cover to come off.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts