Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
happy memorial day fellows heres the problem i have today when installing arp rod bolts can you use a arbor press and press the rod onto the bolt insteadof pressing thebolt into rod and get away without having the rod resized i used the cap and nut to pull one into the rod but it turned a little bit an with a rod bolt stretch gage the way i see that gage after pulling it in and took the cap off which by the way was very very hard the bolt shrank 0.09 inch

·
http://www.warsprints.com
2,024 Posts
I have always pressed the bolt into the rod. You don't want to be pushing on the machined mating surface of the rod. You can put the bolts in the freezer overnight which makes them shrink and makes installing them much easier.

·
Registered
9,050 Posts
You cannot replace the bolts and not re-size the rod!. Chances are that the rod housing bores were not perfect before the bolts were changed. The bolts being pressed into the rod distort the housing even more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.