Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished my valve grinding on my 2.8L fiero heads. I noticed when i put them back together, the stem seal was pushed down below its groove seat. The seal should sit right at the bottom of the keepers. When i compress the spring, the keeper, i think comes down and hits the seal, driving it down. Is there a way around this? Or can i just push it up with a screwdriver or something? I sort of tried this with a screwdriver, it looks like the stem seal should be partially under the keeper, so i dont think i can just shove it up far enough. Any ideas would be great, thanks.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the type of compress the screws down from the top of the valve. How am i to get the seal pushed down far enough to get it in the groove?

Or just make sure i get a good deep bite on the spring so i can compress it thar far?

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,098 Posts
Rubberman2003 said:
Or just make sure i get a good deep bite on the spring so i can compress it that far?
Yes

I agree it is tough to get that seal in there because of how far you need to compress the spring which is why many people don't bother with it if they have umbrella seals already there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.