Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a gallon of filler from my local auto body store about 3-4 months ago when i started this project. Im still not done with the car but i am out of filler. (not that much on the car, but since it was my first attempt i wasted a lot, either by sanding a lot off, mixing wrong, or didn't move fast enough). Well the stuff i was using is from evercoat, called super everflex, part number 100248. The stuff is light blue. I liked the stuff, although nothing to compare it to, but now i cant find it anywhere. I looked on evercoats website and it does not show it. I have not called the place i got it from, because now i am getting my supplies from somewhere else. So now what do i use?
Also i got a panel the what overlapped another, and spot/plug welded together that i need to fill the seam to get smooth. This is on the hood so it will have to be as close to perfect as possible. Should i use evercoats metal to metal for this? Can i use that on the rest of the spots on the car as well?

I looked but could not find anything on what types of filler to use where, unless i just missed it.
like always thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
i'm partial to rage or rage gold from evercoat.
be proud that most of the filler ended up on the floor. thats a good thing. with experience and practice, you'll learn to mix up less, apply it to a bigger area, and do so more often...making that gallon go farther.....

does the seam your covering up have any movement to it or is it rigidly in place? if it won't ever move, i'd use rage. if it is going to flex, i'd go allmetal, but if it does move, your going to end up with cracks.

you can use allmetal filler everywhere, but it's hell to sand when it's kicked.

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,339 Posts
I work exclusivly with Evercoat products, I have thier catalog in front of me and there is nothing called "Everflex" and I have never hear of it. It does sound like a "flexable" filler for plastic bumpers or something. Evercoat makes a product call "Polyflex" but no Everflex that I can find.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i can take a picture to show that im not out of my mind. It has a light blue lable with white writing, and on the top right where the numbers are it has a smaller 100, followed by a larger 248.
Says it is light weight filler , with their no clog stuff, x something. Then it says real big letters super everflex.
Since it is just a few months old could it be something new to in the catalog or website?
ill get picture in the morning

·
16,339 Posts
I believe you :) You are very right that it could be too new to be there. When I was a rep for Sherwin Williams it would tick me off how they would have a product for a year without getting it on the web site. The catalog I can understand, but the web site,there is no excuse for that.

The 248 number is a "catalog number" but doesn't match up with anything in the catalog I have.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
as for the 248, not sure. You know how all the evercoat products (that i have seen)have 100 then 3 larger numbers after that? Thats how this one is, 100 248, i am assumuing (yea i know, bad to do) that its the part number.
I guess i will have to go back to my local paint store..

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
MARTINSR said:
I believe you :) You are very right that it could be too new to be there. When I was a rep for Sherwin Williams it would tick me off how they would have a product for a year without getting it on the web site. The catalog I can understand, but the web site,there is no excuse for that.

The 248 number is a "catalog number" but doesn't match up with anything in the catalog I have.
I never herd of it either.

But one thing FE and Dynatron are famous for, if your a chain of part stores or a big jobber is they will take one of there standard fillers and make a name for you so no other jobber has that name.
This has been going on for years.

·
16,339 Posts
Barry, but I doubt "Evercoat" would be on the label right? Like NAPA's "Martin Senour brand" plastic filler is made by Evercoat, if you weren't on the "inside" you would never know.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Usually its under a different label.
But have seen it done for big independent jobbers in past, only a few times but what companies won't do to get the business!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i went back to my local paint store again today to see if they still had the stuff. The regular guy i talk to was off and they were about to close so we couldnt talk long. They did have the same stuff, but i ended up getting evercoat's rage gold instead for the regular body work then evercoat's metal to metal for the hood and scoop.
Just to show that im not out of my mind i got a picture of the stuff i used (if it works)

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts