Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
User spacers is a hit and miss with every application. It is a trial and error situation. It is just what ever your engine likes. 4 hole for more velocity and low end grunt, open for mid and upper hp.

Why use the torker 2? I have heard nothing but bad on them. If you are into single planes, look at Weiand's Xcelerator. Nice rpm range. If you have a small block, they come with a spacer to insert to help out down low (I did the same thing with my BBC version, and added a notch out in the top of the partition).

·
72 Chevy Cheyenne
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wildman926 said:
Why use the torker 2? I have heard nothing but bad on them. If you are into single planes, look at Weiand's Xcelerator. Nice rpm range. If you have a small block, they come with a spacer to insert to help out down low (I did the same thing with my BBC version, and added a notch out in the top of the partition).
I got a great deal on it and the techs at Edelbrock suggested it for my set up, I'm just trying it out for now. I'll check out the Weiand, thanks.

·
Registered
297 Posts
HERE is a low riser version real cheap.

HERE is the regular version.

And HERE is another one, real nice.

The spacer plate that I was talking about fits in the middle, and separates the plenum in half. I notched out the center at the top, like the high performance dual planes do.

·
72 Chevy Cheyenne
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mitmaks said:
ive heard to use open spacer for dual plane and use 4 hole spacer on single plane manifolds
it's a four hole, should I use one with my speed demon on the torker?

thanks wildman, I'll try out the torker for a couple of days, if I hate it then I'll try the weiand.

·
Technical Support Barry Grant
1,500 Posts
Spacers

A spacer is used as a tuning aid. As a rule of thumb a 4-hole design spacer will increase the air velocity through the intake tract, which will generally give you better, throttle response, torque, and acceleration. An open spacer will decrease the low speed air velocity, but increase your higher RPM air speed. This will generally move your power band up higher. A 4-hole spacer can make up for having something too big in your combination (i.e. heads, intake, carb, etc.) while an open spacer can make up for something being to small.

We normally recommend building an engine without a spacer, and then using one if need be based upon your desired results. If you need more bottom end torque, try a 4-hole spacer, if you want more top end try an open spacer. Generally the thicker the spacer the more of an effect it will have.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts