Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new pressure switch for my air compressor. i installed it, got done connecting the wires and such and then I realize that it has no unloader valve. :eek: I haven't ran the compressor for any more than about 5 seconds, just enough to make sure the new switch was wired ok.

Is this ok that it has no unloader valve? Am I gonna have problems when I try to primer some parts tomorrow morning?

·
http://www.warsprints.com
2,024 Posts
I bought a new pressure switch for my air compressor. i installed it, got done connecting the wires and such and then I realize that it has no unloader valve. :eek: I haven't ran the compressor for any more than about 5 seconds, just enough to make sure the new switch was wired ok.

Is this ok that it has no unloader valve? Am I gonna have problems when I try to primer some parts tomorrow morning?
The unloader valve releases any air pressure that is on the piston. Without it, the motor may not start or has a hard time starting or it could pull excessive amps and trip a breaker. You could try and see what it will do but you will have to build maximum air until the motor shuts off, then bleed enough air for the motor to restart.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The unloader valve releases any air pressure that is on the piston. Without it, the motor may not start or has a hard time starting or it could pull excessive amps and trip a breaker. You could try and see what it will do but you will have to build maximum air until the motor shuts off, then bleed enough air for the motor to restart.
How would I install a separate unloader valve?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.