Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a friend of mine has a 350 motor not sure what year it is but its pre 79 anyway he is rebuilding this thing and wants to put a cam in it that will have some lope to it and someone had told him to take the cam from a 305 and put it in and that would give it some lope and perform well but does anyone know if this is true ? any info on this would be appreicated thanks alot

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i told him i would go get a new cam if it was me but i dont know much about the sizes so that will help us out alot knowing a good size to go with so thanks for posting that and also we tore this motor apart and i seen something that i have never seen before you know on the rod caps there is a flat piece on the top of the cap usually this is where we write like no. 1 cyl and so on well on all the caps that flat piece has been ground off has anyone ever ran across this and what do they gring that flat piece off for thanks again

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok guys thanks for the info i thought that had something to do with balance but just wanted to make sure and thanks for the info on the cam as well, thats what he is looking for is a cam with a good lope to it but still a good everyday driver

·
Save a horse, Ride a Cowboy.
5,122 Posts
notmrgoodwrench said:
a friend of mine has a 350 motor not sure what year it is but its pre 79 anyway he is rebuilding this thing and wants to put a cam in it that will have some lope to it and someone had told him to take the cam from a 305 and put it in and that would give it some lope and perform well but does anyone know if this is true ? any info on this would be appreicated thanks alot

Stock cam for stock cam, you would be doing the opposite of what you need to do.

More cubic inches requires a bigger cam to act the same, vice-versa.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well it didnt make sence to me either to put a 305 cam in a 350 i figured it would hurt more than help but im not real smart on this stuff so i figured hey anything is possible so thats when i thought hey i will ask the experts on here cause you guys have always helped me out with my questions as you have this time thanks again, i have him talked into a new cam so he should be good to go now,hey xn i just noticed you are from arkansas well i am too so howdy neighbor what part of the state are you from im in nwa

·
Save a horse, Ride a Cowboy.
5,122 Posts
notmrgoodwrench said:
well it didnt make sence to me either to put a 305 cam in a 350 i figured it would hurt more than help but im not real smart on this stuff so i figured hey anything is possible so thats when i thought hey i will ask the experts on here cause you guys have always helped me out with my questions as you have this time thanks again, i have him talked into a new cam so he should be good to go now,hey xn i just noticed you are from arkansas well i am too so howdy neighbor what part of the state are you from im in nwa
NC, Ozarks not far from lake--- Whitetown, AR

I can almost hear the dueling banjos now...... LOL

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well my friend just decided to put a 383 stroker in his truck cause that motor is already built and ready to go so this motor is on hold for now but thanks for all your help i appreciate it and so does he

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.