Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

The weatherstripping on the door of the 70 GTO I recently purchased seems like it needs to be glued down. It is just flapping in the breeze. Can anyone tell me how this portion of the weatherstrip was attached from the factory? Please see the pics I've attached.

Thanks,
Mike

P.S. It looks like it should extend to just slightly under the door panel. Is this correct?

Mike

Attachments

·
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW
2,865 Posts
Mike: you should have received black plastic push in tabs with round heads and a toothed shaft the heads are about 1/4 to 3/8s inch diameter and the shaft about 3/8 long that go into holes in the rubber sometimes very hard to see and attach the strip to the door that should have small holes, some stripping is attached with small screws in that area but it is advisable to use weather strip adhesive sparingly (dont gob it on) in conjunction with the tabs or screws all the way around the door !

And yes some extend just under the panel!
Jester

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The outer half of the weatherstripping has the tabs and screws, but the inner half, toward the door panel has none, and it doesn't have any holes in the door (or weatherstrip) to put them. See additional pics attached. I'm guessing it just get's glued into place and that it get's tucked under the edge of the door panel, right?

Mike

Attachments

·
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW
2,865 Posts
The outer half of the weatherstripping has the tabs and screws, but the inner half, toward the door panel has none, and it doesn't have any holes in the door (or weatherstrip) to put them. See additional pics attached. I'm guessing it just get's glued into place and that it get's tucked under the edge of the door panel, right?

Mike
Yes :thumbup:

Chris

·
Premium Member
6,735 Posts
I'd like to interject something here. The only reason there is weatherstripping is to seal a door or window from water. Roll the window up, close the door, and see where the weatherstripping contacts the window or door jamb to keep the water out. That will tell you where to attach the weatherstripping.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.