Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, this is the "brother in law", and i was trying to check the numbers on the block and i was confused i found one set of numbers on the front of the block to the left just under the intake. Im not sure if the stamping was sloppy but it seemed to say C 8 then a backwards C then 00011 but on the back toward firewall just behind the head on the drivers side, there was a 8970014 and just beside is was a large clock looking thing like 15- 20 dots on it the size of a loonie. im not sure it this helps but if anyone knows of anywhere else i can look that would be greatly appreciated.

·
Administrator
6,247 Posts
I missed your other posts if there were any, but if this is a GM block, there doesn't appear to be any big or small blocks, that have the prefix 897...

If it is possibly 3970014, MORTEC shows it as being a 70-76 350, with either 2 or 4 bolt mains.

Larry

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm new at this, i have a sweet 1968 chevelle malibu totally redone, but i had the engine taken care of by my local garage and they got a rebuild crate from gm for me, they only told me its a 350, but i want to put some parts in it for christmas. I want to put in a cam and intake and headers but i emailed summit to ask about a combo and they asked if it was made for hydraulic rollers, so i wasnt sure. I then was trying to find out about my block because i have no clue what it is. It has the original heads and intake and carb. If anyone can sugest a cam and intake or any ideas that would increase horsepower while still on a budget that would be awsome.

P.s. My wife's brother posted a message under http://hotrodders.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53107

1 - 4 of 4 Posts