Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have sent messages to the "[email protected]" address on the Barry Grant website, but have not gotten any responses. Is this still a valid email address for technical questions?

I am looking for a 750cfm vacuum secondary carb with annular boosters and am trying to decide between the Speed Demon & Mighty Demon. I don't need a choke since the car will not be driven in the colder months and I want the tuneability of changeable air bleeds, but my cam has less duration than is recommended for the Mighty Demon. What is it about the carbs that makes particular models suitable for use with a particular range of cam durations? With the changeable air bleeds and idle feed restrictors can the Mighty Demon be made to run well with a 224/232 @ .050" cam?

Feel free to email me directly if you prefer.

·
Technical Support Barry Grant
1,500 Posts
Dino,

Sorry about that. Yes, that is the proper email address for us, however sometimes we do run into situations when we try to answer peoples emails that their spam ware blocks our replies. Not sure if that is the case or not with your specific situation or not. With our carburetors you can always use a series designed to handle a more radical engine on a less radical engine, but you can’t use a milder carburetor on a more radical engine. Meaning where your specific combination falls into our Speed Demon® series you could use a Speed, Mighty, or Race carburetor but not a Road Demon®.

So a Mighty Demon should work extremely well for you. If you’ll give us a complete list of your engine and driveline specifications here we’d be happy to point you in the right direction.

·
Technical Support Barry Grant
1,500 Posts
Dino Boreanaz said:
I'll send the details in a message to the tech-sales address. Thanks for the quick reply.
Dino,

There may be an issue with our servers, if you'll shoot me a PM here with the info we should be able to get you going in the right direction.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts