Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day friends. Two questions today! First, is the front suspension parts alike on '65 ford mustang and '74 ford mustang II? Second, where can I find sheet metal patch panels for door bottoms on a 35-38 chevy/gmc pickup cab? I want to make a rat out of the cab I have, and am considering cutting off the lower couple inches of the entire cab, sitting it on my frame as low as looks good then welding in a new floor and supports, then capping the door bottoms. Never done nothing like this before! WOW. Nice project for my 16 year old Grandson and his 63 year old Grandpa! Warmed over kid! oldrodder43 :mwink:

·
Hotrodders.com moderator
9,581 Posts
Those 2 cars are entirely different.you will need the 74 crossmember and parts to do a MII front end..

Those sheet metal pieces that you need are fairly easy to make..just do some study on metal working..Someone may have them somewhere but I have not as yet found any sources..

These guys are a good source of tools and books..www.metalmeet.com is another good source of info on metal working and there are some good threads here if one does a search..

Sam

1 - 2 of 2 Posts