Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have run GlassPack type mufflers for years with no problems. Where I live now, when I crank this thing up the neighboors will 'string me up'!! Most of my buddies are running Flowmasters. They seem quiet enuff as long as you don't 'mash it' too hard. I looked in the Summit catalog. The are several different series of Flowmasters.....40, 50, 60, etc. Which is the quietest?? I asked my buddies what type they had, but them Dummies just said.."...uuuhh...They's Flowmastahas Bro".... (Jeezuss) Please help!!) Thanx FB396

·
Hotrodders.com moderator
9,581 Posts
You will probably need to go with the 50 series at least..Not to worry lots of noise does not always translate to performance..

Sam

·
http://www.warsprints.com
2,024 Posts
firebird396 said:
I have run GlassPack type mufflers for years with no problems. Where I live now, when I crank this thing up the neighboors will 'string me up'!! Most of my buddies are running Flowmasters. They seem quiet enuff as long as you don't 'mash it' too hard. I looked in the Summit catalog. The are several different series of Flowmasters.....40, 50, 60, etc. Which is the quietest?? I asked my buddies what type they had, but them Dummies just said.."...uuuhh...They's Flowmastahas Bro".... (Jeezuss) Please help!!) Thanx FB396
They get quieter as the number gets bigger. The 40 series is the loudest and the 70 series is the quietest.

·
Registered
395 Posts
firebird396 said:
You might want to consider Dynomax super turbos. They flow better than Flowmasters and are fairly quiet as well as less expensive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.