Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got mine yesterday and was very impressed. CONDOR MDR 11 / 11 EA is the brand switch Quincy uses on this compressor. Today was another story as the unit would not go on. Took the cover off the switch and "lo and behold".......one of the contacts that is spring loaded is busted leaving a gap between Line and Motor. All it took was one use and it was busted. Some research online revealed that Condor switches are crap. The compressor has a total of 1:15 use. Took that long for the switch to mechanically break. Looks like Quincy used "China's best" for this. I sent an email and am waiting for a response. The switch is $29 and readily available................to break again. This thing didnt fry......it broke. Now Im wondering if I bought the right compressor.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Before you get your shorts all twisted up in knots , s&@t happens , sounds like it was compromised before you installed it ...Most everything electrical related that we buy nowadays came from China , the manufacturer makes more & we pay less , want it made here ? That switch would probably cost $299.95 . The market speaks !

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did the original switch break the same way? Original made in China?
Yeah, it was the original switch that broke. That switch was made in China. Seems most of them are. Took 5 minutes to remove it. I bench tested it for continuity and one side failed. Waiting for the replacement in the mail.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Installed the new switch last week and it powers right up. Not impressed with Quincy's customer service though as I filed another incident and have heard nothing. The compressor was leaking air real fast. Went to Quincys site and emailed them as well as looking for a service tech. Quincy doesn't have one here. Bottom line is that I had to remove all the plumbing and reseal everything myself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts