Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for help? I have a 1954 Chevy 3100 costum truck, has an aftermarket front end with rack and pinion system, tire rod ends are shot, outer and inner, cannot figure out what it is? Has a number 7817855? But I cannot cross reference this to any rack and pinion system, I thought it was a mustang 2 but cannot find anything that matches the mounting, has a bracket that mounts the passenger side, and two angled direct bolt in on the drivers side, can anyone help Thanks, oh and my back hurts lol

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Pictures might help.

But generally a rack is a rack. If the stroke and width is the same then if you need to make a bracket then it is not the end of the world.

Now if I swap a rack in(it has been a while) I always grab the pump and lines when I get the rack. The pump may be more distinctive then the rack. Not everyone does this but if you can find what pump you have(pictures) that may reveal the rack.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Many MII racks had three mounting bolts. The one in my 36 is three bolt and I know the source since I pulled it from the 76 MII myself. Could be an early (when folks found out about them) MII kit?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts