Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this isn't a very hard trouble shooting ?. I was breaking in motor noticed temp gauge was about 210 for safety I shut down right away. My radiator has been refurbished at the shop and I boiled my thermostat to make sure it open and closed. I live in Az so really didn't want to skip on these steps. Ok my ? is when I opened the radiator cap I seen that my coolant level didn't change so it didn't get to block. Would a bad radiator cap cause it not to flow to block? It was the only piece I didn't replace. Radiator is a 3 row from a 73 sbc.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Frustratimg sometimes isn't it? To start with 210 is in no way too hot for a fresh engine. Also some guys break them in w/o the stat so you can get immediate coolant flow......also the engine will be able to burp itselt easier if need be. Before you do anything, remove the stat and try it again, then buy a new one. All that $$$$ you got tied up in a new engine just isn't worth scrimping on a $10 part......good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.