Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions out there for a radio/stereo vendor?

I have a 1963 Chevy Truck that I am replacing the existing stereo. Would like to keep a time period look and feel, meaning no digitial display, CD playes, etc.

Thanks
Andy

·
Registered
7,528 Posts
Look into an AM/FM conversion with aux, or having an inline transmitter ( plugs into antenne, then to radio ), and you can use an Ipod or CD input/ whatever you want. Also could split the output and hide a modern radio in the glove box

·
Registered
5,391 Posts
Here's one I found CLASSIC CAR RADIO RESTORATION. They use the existing front face and 'build' something to fit inside the old chassis.

If you have removed the gas tank from behind the seat, then you can place any stereo there with a wired IR remote transmitter. This is a similar photo what's in my header and in the trunk of my '31, a mid line JVC sitting on the battery box in it's own separate box. I use the remote and it works just fine - as long as you have the presets tuned. It also works with my mP3 player:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.