Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thanks for the info in the past , can any one tell me if there is a quick fix for a rip in a top ,some thing that could get me through the summer ,i have shecked around ,and it appears that it will cost me 1200.00 to get one installed , thats parts two , well thanks again , will

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Find the closest color match in duct tape at your local building supply store. This has always been the best repair material for convertible tops. Thank goodness it now comes in colors other than battleship gray!

·
Pontiac Knowledge Base Editor
167 Posts
Wally World sells tear mender. It works great. Find a scrap piece of material that matches your top and glue it in on the inside. We use this on all our boy scout tents with great results. Its cheep/water proof/ and lasts forever.

Note: It also works great on jeans. And will not wash off in the washing machine.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
if you are anywhere near a yacting supply they sell a tape for mending spinakers in all colours, and it doesnt fall off in the rain or baking sun, and being made for sails it allows the convertible top to fold without the tape comming off

1 - 4 of 4 Posts