Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I just picked up a Ram Jet 502 which has a new MEFI-3 ECM controller which is closed loop system.
I found someone that would swap out my complete harness and ECM for a new MEFI-4 harness and ECM which is a closed loop tht uses an O2 sensor.

My question is is the MEFI-3 as good as the MEFI-4, as I could use either at no additional cost.

Should I keep what I have or trade.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks.............

·
Registered
225 Posts
powerplay13 said:
Hi,
I just picked up a Ram Jet 502 which has a new MEFI-3 ECM controller which is closed loop system.
I found someone that would swap out my complete harness and ECM for a new MEFI-4 harness and ECM which is a closed loop tht uses an O2 sensor.

My question is is the MEFI-3 as good as the MEFI-4, as I could use either at no additional cost.

Should I keep what I have or trade.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks.............
The MEFI-4 is the newer better controller so you got to ask yourself " whe are they wanting to trade?? Is there something wrong with the MEFI-4 there not telling you about?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good question.........

Apparantly they deal alot with the boating industry and the have customers that want what they already have which is MEFI-3. They are not produced any longer, so these guys like to have MEFI-3 in stock. That's what I was told.

What makes the MEFI-4 better? Does Besides the )2 sensor, whats better?

Thanks.....

·
My 2 cents worth
2,843 Posts
What is this engine going in, and what is the other engine in?

If yours is going into a boat, forget the swap.

He may want to swap you, because his is in a boat.

The O'2 sensor will not be compatible with water manifolds boats use.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.