Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever used this? I have it in beige and the shop said I can use it on a bare metal fender Im painting. They had another brand but it was black. I didnt want black because the fender will be white. Raptors site talks about bedliners but says nothing about regular bodywork. Dont want to use something for bedliners on my body

·
True Hotrodder
1,351 Posts
Haven't used that brand and if it's in an aerosol can just walk away from it unless you're just doing a small area or mounting brackets. If you're doing a full fender then you want a DTM primer. And remember before the basecoat goes on, you will need a sealer and you can get that in a lighter color so don't sweat DTM that's black or grey in color.

·
Registered
181 Posts
A true epoxy primer is excellent on bare metal and raptor as a brand is very good stuff

Sent from my LM-X420 using Tapatalk

·
True Hotrodder
1,351 Posts
Sealer is the last thing you put on before your color coat. You want the surface ready for paint - all sanding and bodywork is completed with primer done.

Reactions: Coodeville

·
True Hotrodder
1,351 Posts
So what should the sealer be sanded to?
You never sand sealer. All you want to do is blow off any dust or very lightly tack it off but some painters do not like that either.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts