Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Such afuss that is so big brother.When most of us started all the cars had mechanical brakes,you had to keep them adjusted.At times you could feel the speed pick up when you hit em.As we changed them to juice as we called them ,we saw who the engineers were and most of us that thought we knew it all,didnt...............Build a rod today without brakes , no thanz.Life is too shrt .ask any racer young are old.No Brakes You are kidding.

·
Lost in the 60's
15,292 Posts
tfeverfred said:
Not all rat rods are brake-less. There are good and bad in all avenues of this hobby, but your point is well taken.
This has been discussed so many times on here....use the search function on this site and type in rat rods and do a search then do one on front brakes. I agree completely with tfeverfred.

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Hey McLeay,

Not to change the subject, but did you take down your journal? I wanted to reference your your scratch building techniques in a post last week and discovered everything was gone. You had some nifty ideas cooking there.

Dewey

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
McLeay F1 said:
what did ya need to see? pm me and Ill see if I have a pick of what yer interested in.
Actually there was another thread that got on the subject of scratch building and I just wanted to link readers to your journal as an example of what folks here on HR.Com are doing. Hopefully you'll have it back up in the not too distant future.

·
hot rods forever
36 Posts
no brakes

I was driving down a highway slow down a bit ,no brakes ,no traffic so i downshifted my little mustang to a stop. turned around on a gravel road and went home . scary car with no brakes..... :nono:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.