Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys Im getting ready to break my motor in for the first time this week so I bought some gas and stored it in a vp fuel jug. I go to pour it into the fuel cell before, which is a 16 gallon rci plastic cell, I poured about a gallon in and started checking for leaks. Everything was perfect except for one of the ports coming off of the cell sump. Its a very tiny leak, and when I tried to tighten the male fitting coming off of the sump it just spins. Has this happened to anyone before? How can i fix it?

·
just passin' thru
327 Posts
You'll have to drain the cell and remove the foam. You should then be able to reach in (if your hand is small enough) with a wrench and hold the fitting while you tighten the jam nut from the outside. You might as well take the fitting out entirely and make sure the mating surfaces are clean and that the nylon washer that goes under the jam nut is in good shape and then re-assemble.
I have a small 1 gallon fuel cell on my test stand, and had to tighten the fitting also.

Steve

·
It just takes time and money
225 Posts
Tombo615,
There is a nut on the inside of the cell. Open the filler and shine a flashlight in there. If you can't get your hand inside the filler remove the bolts holding the
filler to the cell, this will give you more room.
Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.