Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to find the year of my 366 cu.in. engine. I found these casting #s on the rear of the engine by the bell housing.
K199
2GM
CFD
I've read that there should be #s stamped on the front machined surface on the passenger side but I've cleaned that surface & there is nothing there.Should I be able to tell the year from the above #s. I need to know the year in order to get the right harmonic balancer. I've tried a new 1992 balancer plus an older one I got at a scrap dealar but I still get to much vibration.
Any info would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Squid [Robert]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Squid said:
I am trying to find the year of my 366 cu.in. engine. I found these casting #s on the rear of the engine by the bell housing.
K199
2GM
CFD
I've read that there should be #s stamped on the front machined surface on the passenger side but I've cleaned that surface & there is nothing there.Should I be able to tell the year from the above #s. I need to know the year in order to get the right harmonic balancer. I've tried a new 1992 balancer plus an older one I got at a scrap dealar but I still get to much vibration.
Any info would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Squid [Robert]
Sorry , It's a Chevy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.